June 19, 2009

Papelbon tries to make amends

I know what you’re thinking.  I don’t want to read about Red Sox players too often on this site, but I don’t mind when they dig themselves into a deeper hole.  Here’s how Jon Papelbon “clarified” what he said yesterday:

"I said I would go to any team I felt was best for my situation, whether it's the Yankees or whoever," said Papelbon. "But the thing that you have to understand is that's three years away. OK?"

Oh, only three years away? Gotcha.  I’m sure Brian Cashman will be asking for your phone number any day now…

UPDATE: Via MLBTR:

“I just think that when people hear what I said or people read what I said sometimes they can only see certain things. I want to make that clear, I don’t want to go (expletive) for the Yankees,” Papelbon said. “Believe me, I’ve got a ring here and I’m playing for a manager and general manager who are going to protect me. I’ve been on a team in baseball who has been in first-place more than any other (expletive) team in baseball. It’s just a simple fact for me that what I was stating that guys nowadays don’t necessarily get the opportunity to be with a team for a long period of time. Do I want to be with the Red Sox for as long as I can? Of course. There is no question about because I know I’m playing a manager and general manager who are going to protect me and to me that’s all that matters.”

Wow. That’s all I have to say.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP